Tuesday, October 27, 2009

YAR!

So, I've been slacking in my blogging, just been doing the notes. I have a really hard time doing the whole blogging thing, perhaps because I'm just not that interesting. So, instead, I wrote a poem.

A Thousand Job(s)

I hear the cries of a thousand Jobs.
If you will excuse the odd plurality

I hear the children crying for mothers
The men and women who've lost brothers
The Musicians who've been struck deaf
unable to hear the tiniest, most sublime clef
Loving, caring people, lost without a reason
Swept away, like the passing of a season

What to do? Where to go?
Everywhere is the black crow
Waiting to strike without warning or cause
Truth be told, there is no saving clause

Is there?

Maybe.
Maybe within yourself.
Maybe within the human seated next to you.
Maybe we can find it.
Maybe.

Or maybe it is all vanity.
Vanity of vanities, if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment